We often say that our repair services helps restore “That new car feeling”… but what if you want that new car feeling and you haven’t had an accident! Never fear. Here’s some DIY tips that are easy and can help bring back that “new car feeling” for your car – without splashing out the big bucks:
Sparking tyres, hubcaps and alloy trims
After washing and vacuuming your vehicle, make your tires and hubcaps sparkle with the help of baking soda. Simply mix one-half cup baking soda, one tablespoon dish soap, and two cups warm water in a small bowl. Use a soft sponge or towel to wash and gently scrub the tires and hubcaps. Spray with water and your car is ready to hit the road.
Clean dash and vents
As Instead of reaching for expensive dusting cloths, try a coffee filter. Yes, a coffee filter! Because they’re made from super small particles of paper, they’re great at attracting and cleaning up collections of dust, lint and small debris.
Simply dab a little olive or vegetable oil on the coffee filter and then rub it over your car’s console.
You can also use it on leather seats and along the doors. Keep a few stashed in a plastic bag to use when needed.
If your headlights are a bit foggy, it could be due to build-up and lots of little scratches. You can spend money on special waxes and sprays that refresh and seal your lights — or you can reach for your favorite tube of toothpaste. Any basic mouth-cleaning paste will do for this easy DIY that leaves your lights clear.
Here’s what to do:
- Start by squeezing around one-quarter teaspoon of paste onto a soft cloth. Rub the toothpaste over the headlight, working in a circular motion
- Continue buffing until there isn’t any more stickiness or residue from the toothpaste. You’ll be amazed with the dazzling results!
- But what happens when it rains? Won’t the toothpaste buff suds away, leaving cloudy headlights? After turning the hose on the lights and waiting for them to dry, the lights were still wonderfully clear.
Reduce foggy windows
With winter fast approaching, rain and your heater can result in foggy windows. Here’s an easy, eco-friendly way to reduce the fog:
Store with a lint-free cloth in your car’s glove box so it’s on hand anytime you need it. Personalize the spray with your favourite essential oil, and you have just about the best car helper ever.
- Heat one cup of water until it’s just boiling, then pour into a mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of vinegar 10 drops of your favourite essential oil, and stir. The vinegar and water work together to create a helpful defogger, while the essential oil scents the spray.
- Once at room temperature, use a funnel to pour the mixture into a spray bottle. It’s that easy!
- To use, spray the mixture over the insides of windows and wipe with a lint-free cloth. Your windows will stay fog-free for at least a month — and your car will smell great! Re-apply as needed.
Brighton Panel Works specialises in prestige car repairs, providing services ranging from panel beaters and paintless dent removal to courtesy cars. We are experienced in repairing all prestige car models, including Range Rover, Audi, Volkswagen, Lexus, Volvo, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW. Our clients come from all across Melbourne, including Hampton, Glen Iris, Toorak, Armadale, Malvern, Brighton, Elwood, Elsternwick, Bentleigh East and more.