It’s no secret that women are now major purchasers of cars. Thankfully, it appears that car manufacturers have realised this and are aiming their marketing towards women. Today we are seeing more features that accommodating their needs.
There are two vehicle segments that have been incredibly popular with female buyers:
- Compact city cars that feature manoeuvrability and convenience
- Compact sport-utility vehicles, which combine the convenience factor with the added bonus of more space.
With female drivers – a coveted market all auto makers are looking to grow their share of – it’s what’s on the inside the car that counts.
However, new research from the global consulting firm Frost & Sullivan shows that women are deeply dissatisfied with the interior designs of their vehicle options. While they generally report having high satisfaction with the safety features and manoeuvrability, women aren’t finding what they need in the car.
To increase appeal to female buyers, the inside of a car must have:
- Leather seats or another high-strength fabric. (read: one you can actually scrub to make stains disappear).
- Thoughtful personal storage. A dedicated spot for a mobile phone and most definitely a handbag, because more than 80%of women carry one!
- Infotainment that doesn’t just work, but works well. So add an integrated touch screen that is just as responsive as her iPad.
Price-Walker said there may be a case for making vehicles aimed specifically at women.
A recent European survey showed that one in five female respondents would prefer a vehicle made specifically for them. In the engine, they’d prefer a hybrid. And they don’t want to go to a dealership. Most would rather buy their cars, Price-Walker said, at a shopping centre. This may explain why vehicle manufacturer Tesla has opened a permanent store in the new $660 million extension to the Chadstone centre, here in Melbourne!
Brighton Panel Works specialises in prestige car repairs, providing services ranging from panel beaters and paintless dent removal to courtesy cars. We are experienced in repairing all prestige car models, including Range Rover, Audi, Volkswagen, Lexus, Volvo, Porsche, Mercedes and BMW. Our clients come from all across Melbourne, including Hampton, Glen Iris, Toorak, Armadale, Malvern, Brighton, Elwood, Elsternwick, Bentleigh East and more.